- Sick Puppies – Stick to Your Guns
- I am your host Adam Lamb. I am here to assist you in succeeding in your culinary career. I’m a chef and Culinary Career Coach, offering guidance to those who know it’s time for a change. Offering a shift in perspective, after all, no one knows you or your career aspirations better than you! If that’s you, then call me at 518-227-2055 and let’s get your career cookin’.
Here at Chef Life Radio we believe that working in a kitchen should be demanding, it shouldn’t have to be demeaning.
It should be hard, just doesn’t have to be harsh.
We believe that it’s possible to have more solidarity and less ‘suck it up sunshine’.
More Compassion and less Cut Throat Island.
We believe in more partnership and less ‘put up or shut up’.
More family, less fuck you.
- “Wherever we are, whatever we’re doing and wherever we are going, we owe it to ourselves, to our art, to the world to do it well.” ― Ryan Holiday, The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- “To labor in the arts for any reason other than love is prostitution.” ― Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- “It is well and good to opine or theorize about a subject, as humankind is wont to do, but when moral posturing is replaced by an honest assessment of the data, the result is often a new, surprising insight.” ― Steven D. Levitt, Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
- What to Do, When You Doubt
- “In the meantime, cling tooth and nail to the following rule: not to give in to adversity, not to trust prosperity, and always take full note of fortune’s habit of behaving just as she pleases.” — Seneca
- “When success begins to slip from your fingers—for whatever reason—the response isn’t to grip and claw so hard that you shatter it to pieces. It’s to understand that you must work yourself back to the aspirational phase. You must get back to first principles and best practices.” ― Ryan Holiday, Ego Is the Enemy
- When all else fails and you need a quick reminder, check out this video on Ryan Holiday’s Top Ten Rules for Success
- Chevelle – Git Some
- Interview with Shawn Wenner: 00:20:17
for listeners of Chef Life Radio, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Click on the Ad in the show notes to grab something that can shift your trajectory forever – tonight we recommend The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield, ‘nuff said right?
To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/chefliferadio. Again, that’s audibletrial.com/chefliferadio for your free audiobook.
A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is combating the prevalence of issues like suicide, substance abuse, and the emotional impact of long hours in a perfection obsessed industry. They bring culinary professionals together to increase awareness about the repercussions of the high-stakes, high-pressure lives of chefs through public outreach, networking, and benefit events. The Heirloom Foundation advocates for healthier work environments though their network of chefs, restaurateurs and other industry stakeholders who commit to providing a healthy, supportive restaurant culture. They reinvest in our communities through direct service grants to nonprofit organizations that address mental health, stress management, work-life balance, substance abuse prevention, life skills, and other relevant issues. Learn More at www.theheirloomfoundation.org
Kat Kinsman’s site that deals with real issues in the real world of depression, anxiety, addiction, eating disorders and more running rampant in the food community. On the site, she invites people involved in the industry (not just chefs) to share their stories and resources for dealing with the pressures of restaurant life, so that other people may feel less alone. This is not for profit. This is just because she gives a damn. You can get involved and share your story @ www.chefswithissues.com
Entrepreneurial Chef Magazine
From Idea to Open for Business – Entrepreneurial Chef.com is building an online community where entrepreneurs in the industry can share lessons, best practices, & actionable advice for greater lasting success. Visit Entrepreneurial Chef.com; join the club and get your free copy of: The 10 Rules of Entrepreneurship
- Disturbed – In the Light
Stand Tall & Frosty Brothers & Sisters